5.22.2009

No Business Like Show Business



Arrived home yesterday from THE show- what a whirlwind week! The show was much busier than expected I am happy to say. There was much anticipation about both buyer and exhibitor turnout due to the economy but I think everyone was pleasantly surprised. Perhaps things are looking up?!

Our setup for Green Paper Company was impressive and the booth was BUSY- lots of people, lots of shopping green. :) You can read more about that side of things on the Green Paper Company Blog. I gave a presentation to a sold out crowd- "How to Create Eco-Friendly Invites and Favors" assisted by fellow retailer Grace Cole of Scribe Paper from Marblehead, MA. Scribe printed some of the GPC iimprintable invitations and did a beautiful job. The Demo created lots of buzz and was very well received. Perhaps I can present a similar version at the shop??? Any interest?

I'm still getting the hang of my dual role as buyer/exhibitor- two very large set of hats to wear and it's a challenge to do both. But LOTS of fun and one thing's for sure- I love a challenge! It was hard to get out of the booth but I did source many new things and can't wait to bring them in. My main focus was greeting cards so lots of newness on the way. My camera, (my new camera!) had a glitch all week so I did not post- my apologies but I will post ongoing with new additions before and after they arrive.

Many highlights to the week- it's an exciting time! But I am glad to be home with my two dogs, my Beau, and looking forward to a few days off to spend Memorial Day weekend opening up my beloved cottage for the summer. Happy weekend to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't forget to write!! Let us know your thoughts...